Feeding my creativity
This is my boneyard challenge doll which I made out of my boneyard body parts.Only her arms are from Barbara Willis pattern but the rest of the parts are from my own patterns. I gave the title "feeding my creativity" to this piece since I had to work a bit out of my box, a bit rustic, a bit exotic and a bit artsy. Everything on this doll is from left over and discarded pieces of fabric. Like many of my dollmaking friends I tend to collect things that I think I might need for my dolls. I got the jute fabric I used on her from a building site in India. They use jute fabrics to protect floorings when painting or doing other work in the house. I just asked for a tiny piece and I was given this whole big piece of jute which I had no clue how or what I would use it as. I almost threw it away when I was having a clearout.But luckily it fell out from a cupboard when I was searching for something else so I got this idea of using it on this doll. I painted the jute with glitter but unfortunately it does not show in the picture as it is very suttle and the effect is lovely. The little bird that I had made earlier came in handy for the theme. I named her Rushme as I really had to rush to make her and get her photographed and sent before I went away on my holiday. I was working on her till the last minute, thank goodness I was a bit ahead with my packing so I stayed up late and was able to get everything done just in time.