"I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way-things I had no words for." ~ Georgia O'Keeffe

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

That time of the year!

This year I have somehow managed to do things ahead of time. I have managed to bake my Christmas cake. ( sorry no picture) .
I have managed to decorate the living room and made it look festive so that my Santa's helper can get to work quickly😀. He has a long list to get through.

My Appleberry is busy picking his apples for his apple pies and crumbles and toffee apples😂


While the Christmas tree is merrily twinkling away in the room.BloggerImage

Tiny Santa sits amongst the dried nuts wondering whether they are edible or not😀

So how are your preparations coming on?

Saturday, November 19, 2016

Couldn't resist

I just could not resist to buy these two items that were on sale. I especially love the water colours. They don't look that great in the box but when I wet the paint they come to life beautifully. The shimmer in them is really lovely and I can't wait to use them. But will I use them? I hope so as I don't want them to join my collected items pile😀.

Thursday, November 17, 2016

New doll in progress

I am at the moment making a new doll. I was hoping to get the pattern out before Christmas but because I hit some snags that is not going to happen now.☹️ I am not making a complicated design as I like to think that even a beginner should be able to make it easily, but I need to get the sequence of putting it together right so that it will be easy for a beginner also. In the meantime I just made this little thing quickly as I pictured it in my mind😜. I find it funny how my mind jumps from one thing to another if something is not coming together immediately. Do you find that you digress from what you are doing sometimes if things don't go smoothly or according to plan?
My poor paper clay doll waits in the wings patiently for me to come back to her😀.


Monday, November 07, 2016

What a pain!

Google has discontinued the blogger app and I am feeling lost without it. It was so easy to post with it and it was free. Now they want us to buy an app. This one I am posting from is a trial one. Which I did not realise as it does not say that! I came to know because after a few minutes it keeps asking me to buy the app. I don't think I am going to do that until I am sure. I want to try some other apps too free ones to see if that would be enough for me. They are crafty the way they present these apps.
I have been away travelling a lot hence I have not been posting much as I have been feeling very tired and jet lagged. When I returned from my travels my garden had transform from green to several shades of gold orange and red. Felt like I had walked into a different world.  

So here comes the test . Let's see if this works as well as they say it will.

Sunday, September 18, 2016

She's got legs and a body!

Progressing slowly. She now has a body and legs 😀 I want to finish her quick but  I have to wait till October now. I don't have time to get it all done😔

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Sculpting progress

This is how far I have got with the sculpting.  I have to build up the hands just a little bit more. They are tiny hands so I have to use slip to build up the hands which is taking time as I have to make sure that they are dry completely before sand papering and applying the slip. I am also waiting for some stuff to arrive. So the progress is rather slow. 

Thursday, September 08, 2016

Chaos again

I started a new doll . This time I am being a bit ambitious because I have never tried my own design full clay doll. I always end up with a chaotic table when I start something new😀

I found the hands very challenging to make. Finally after much struggle I got something resembling like hands😀 They are drying now, then I will have it work on them again. I made a big mistake. I did not leave enough wire for attaching it on to the arm after sculpting. I have to put on my thinking cap to see how I can solve this problem. Otherwise I guess I have to start again😒

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Here is my finished doll

So here is my finished doll that I am taking to Chicago. She is a hanging doll, and I think the pattern is quite versatile that it can be embellished in many ways. While making it I did realise I need to amend the pattern a bit. Which I will do once I am back from the US. I think I might just add a few more beads perhaps to this one. I really don't know what to name her so for the moment she does not have a name.😀 if you can think of one let me know.

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Been away

I was away on holiday last week. Really enjoyed it. The fresh air and spectacular scenary was worth going there. Here are some pictures I have to share with you.
The Gronograte peak in the Swiss Alps did not want to show its face to us 😀

Hubby was thrilled to go up the mountain to see the Schilthron as he is a fan of James Bond. This is where they shot the film "On her Majesty's secrete service" The restaurant is not much of a restaurant but the view was amazing from up there. The mountains up close looked magnificent and awe inspiring  .

We did the Great Rail Jounery tour and enjoyed the train ride which took us through hundreds of valleys and over several bridges. The panoramic train was really nice. The only thing that we did not like was the hotels. They said it would be 4 star hotels but they were jus under 3 star I think. But all in all we enjoyed ourselves.

Friday, August 12, 2016

A doll in the making

A doll in the making. I am hoping to go for a doll workshop in the US so I am making a doll for that. Hope I can finish her soon. If it turns out the way I want it to I might make a pattern available. It is going to be a hanging doll so it's going to be pretty simple and easy.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...