QUOTE

"I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way-things I had no words for." ~ Georgia O'Keeffe


Friday, August 15, 2008

Last Treasures

These are some of the last remaining treasures of my dad. He was a musician and also an avid collector of piano music. Most of his books were donated to the Army school of music where he worked. But a few were left over since they were very old and not in good condition. I decided to bring some of them with me as memerobilia of my dad. I have several sheet music whose pages are lost or torn or just deteriorated with age. I am hoping to do something with some of them so that I can keep them as a keep sake. But these treasures I think I will keep them as they are and try and preseve them. As far as I know I think they are complete but not sure as I don't read music. I will have to find out how I can preserve them from someone who is an expert in these things.

3 comments:

  1. Shashi, it would be nice if you could use a few of the sheet music to create a memory journal with stories you remember and hold dear and pictures of your father.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely and personal keepsake you have Shashi. Music played and loved is such special thing to a musician, and even if you don't read it yourself, I know your dad would be pleased that someone would treasure his music for his sake. I wish I had some of my mom's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have boxes and boxes of sheet music, but mine is deteriorating rapidly. I think it's wonderful that you are trying to preserve this memory of your father.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and for your support. Your comments are much appreciated.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...