QUOTE

"I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way-things I had no words for." ~ Georgia O'Keeffe


Monday, April 27, 2009

Treasures of the deep

I am always so facinated by the different colours of pearls one can find. I love pearls even though I don't wear any jewelry in pearls or for that matter I don't wear much jewelry or own much. So this time when I found these treasures a project started taking shape in my mind. You will have to wait for sometime for me to show anything regarding that as I am busy finishing a doll. Sorry can't show you the doll either as it is for a challenge. All I can say is that I hope it will be magical for the lucky doll that will have it.

13 comments:

  1. I really love the colour and beauty of your blog.
    You surely must be a beautiful soul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are pretty. Pearls??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Those are real pearls? They're gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, for heaven's sake. Who knew pearls could be that deeply coloured. I have seen some pastels...but, not anything like those dark reds. I am thinking JudiA could do some amazing wire wrapped pieces with some of these!

    which challenge are you working on Shashi. I am trying to get a head going for a doll for the Hoffman fabric challenge....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those pearls are so unique. I love the red ones. Can't wait to see what you create with them. :)
    Can't wait to see your new doll too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never seen pearls like that....they're lovely! I'm looking forward to seeing what you create with them too ~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh those are so pretty! I've never seen red ones before, they are gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. MMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... dyed pearls. And look at those COOL shapes - you've discovered my weakness Shashi. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow I didn't know pearls came in these colours, they are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had no idea pearls were colors other than white and black, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I can't wait to see what you're planning...what type of pearls are these..? I'm fascinated!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such unusual colours and shapes....a couple of them look like they could become little birds. I look forward to seeing your creations!
    Love
    Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are pearls? Amazing! Love the colors. I've never cared for pearls as I find them boring, but love these colored ones.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and for your support. Your comments are much appreciated.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...