Yesterday I was trying to make a flower and some other bits and bobs out of polymer clay to embellish my brown cloth doll. While I was at it my fingers started sculpting a head as I thought of killing 2 birds with one stone as it were. But unfortunately I burnt the head as you can see. My oven obviously doesn't maintain the temperature that it is supposed to on the dial. I had to keep fiddling with the dial to keep it up to the right temperature and the result was I burnt it from the top. So the lesson learnt is cheap ovens are no good for this sort of thing. However since I don't do that much of polymer clay work I think I shall manage with the oven I have. Just have to find the right no. on the dial to get the right temp. Next time I shall try covering the sculpt with baking paper on top so that it doesn't get burnt. As for the flower that I sculpted it looks rather weird so I am not going to use it or show it. I have another idea in my head so shall see if that will work out.
I would like to thank all of you for all the colour combination suggestions you have given to me and I have gone with purple/magenta which picks out the colour from the green fabric.
I would also like to say this to you all that I am finding Google reader rather tiresome to use, and I found out that bloglines is still operating under a different name. I tried to transfer all my feeds to the new site but unfortunately it only transferred a handful so now I have to go and do it one by one. I shall get it all up to date so until then please bear with me for not commenting or visiting you blogs. I shall get there eventually.