QUOTE

"I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way-things I had no words for." ~ Georgia O'Keeffe


Thursday, September 12, 2013

My first Baby Doll!

Last month Judi Ward taught us designing the doll class in our doll club. I decided to join in the fun and decided to make a baby doll. I have always been reluctant to make a baby doll because I thought that it was not easy to paint a baby face. So this was my first ever baby doll that I have designed and made. It is a simple design but I found painting a baby face especially the eyes open was not easy. After a few tries I decided to play safe and painted a sleeping face. I will have to practice a baby face more if I want to make them more often.

8 comments:

  1. She is just charming, and I love her closed eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is wonderful Shashi! I think getting the simplicity of a babies face is one of the hardest things!
    hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is such a sweet face! I hope you do a baby with open eyes - I'm sure it would be terrific!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks very sweet and sound asleep :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shashi,
    Oh, I love your baby doll.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's very pretty, Shashi. I have a weakness for sleeping dolls, anyway, as I think they look better when put on a shelf or in a bookcase. It always seems more natural that they'd be sleeping.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and for your support. Your comments are much appreciated.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...