QUOTE

"I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way-things I had no words for." ~ Georgia O'Keeffe


Thursday, July 07, 2016

A little sketch

I had plucked a sprig of lavender and put it in a pot of water hoping to sketch it but I did not get round it for weeks and then when I did remember I found it all withered and dry. So just as I was going to throw it away I thought why not sketch it as it is. So I first sketched it with inktense pencils but I was not pleased with it so I thought of giving it a try with Derwent water colour pencils. Then thought why not try it with water colours as well. So here are the three sketches I did.  It was good picking up a pencil and brush after such a long time

5 comments:

  1. they look really great and good idea drawing them anyway instead of throwing them away :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yes I am glad that I did draw them.

      Delete
  2. These are pretty! I love it. Reminds me of a sketch I did a long time ago of thistle - several on a page. Looking at this makes me want to go find them. I love the idea of sketching flowers that are withered. I did it last summer with some flowers my husband brought home - ...also have done the same thing with flowers my sons get me - drawn them a few times. This is really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy. Oh I would love to see them too. Do find them.

      Delete
  3. i will look later - it might get me off parakeets and back to flowers, lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and for your support. Your comments are much appreciated.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...