QUOTE

"I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way-things I had no words for." ~ Georgia O'Keeffe


Thursday, November 20, 2008

Recycled angel

A long time ago about 20years back, I bought a tree top angel. I do not know why I bought her as there was nothing special about her. She had a silvery cardstock cone shaped body with silvery wings. Perhaps her face was so cute that I bought her. Anyway she never sat on my tree top and she was rather lopsided as well. One day I just tore her body off and kept her head. After years of her head popping up now and again I bought a polystyrene cone and perched her head on it with the idea of making a new angel of her. Years passed by and she still sat there with her polystyrene body so patiently. Yesterday I took her down and started giving her a new look. It was because I cannot at the moment go and create in my room peacefully. So this was an ideal project to start as I can move around with her. This is how she turned out. I have uploaded the picture of napkin so that if you are from UK you can go and get it from Sainsbury's , that is if they stock it in your branch. I am one of those who collects very odd things and if a pack of napkins that I like catches my eyes I just have to buy it. The good thing about it is I can keep a few napkins and use the rest. I decoupaged the angel body as you can see with the above paper. Stuck a little bit of bling. For the wings I used some left over silk organza fabric. I stuck the piece of fabric on the wire. I used Gripp glue which I have some bottles still left over. It is good to use a strong glue to stick the fabric on metal. I then coated the back of the whole fabric with mode podge I guess pva glue would work too. Then decoupaged some more napkin paper on the back of the wings. Once the glue was dry I cut the wing shap and made sure I cut the excess fabric at the top very close to the wire. Then I gave it highlights with gold paint. I also removed her rather garish looking halo and put a cloth one. Rolled the cloth into shape with Mode Podge stuck it on the head and painted it with gold. I gave her hair some highlights with gold as well.I think I am quite please with her.

15 comments:

  1. She turned out very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesomely done!! I love those wings!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shashi, she is so delightful and darling! What a great make-over! You are very clever, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shashi,
    I love her. The colors are wonderful
    Love & Hugs
    Fran

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so creative Shashi I always love anything you do..Glad to be back on the blog trail Just look at all I have missed ----this lil angel is just another testiment of your wonderful ideas come -to- be--- hugs jandee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so very artistic! I love all the different colors, and the design you gave the wings, flower beads, just everything about her.
    Hugs,
    Linda Kay

    ReplyDelete
  7. I particularly like her wings. So delicate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hooo , so cuuuuute , j'adoooore !!!!
    bizzzzzz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sashi I love her she is Soooooooooooooooooooooo super duper cute.
    Love from sesga xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Shashi... sorry not to have popped by this week..hope you are well :D
    I love love love your angel.. what an amazing idea to recycle her this way... now she will have a new lease of life and a beautiful one too. I just love her CUTE face :D Bet she looks wonderful on top of your tree :D
    hugs
    Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Delightful angel - love your choice of colours and those wings are sublime..!
    Love your creative flair..:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Comme elle est jolie!!!
    J'adore son petit viage!
    Gros bisous

    Dear Shashi,
    Poor little angel abandonned and torn!
    You did a very great job on her!
    Love and hugs,
    Flo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your angel is absolutely delightful! I've missed a lot on your blog lately! Bad Judi!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love you redo! She is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and for your support. Your comments are much appreciated.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...