Sunday, May 31, 2009
At last I am just starting to work on and finish some of my projects. I did some work on Pandora fromd Marilyn Radzat's online class. Sorry for the terrible pictures. I think I had the settings wrong on the camera. It is still not finished so no doubt I will be taking some more pictures at a later date sometime and I promise to take better ones next time. I completed and set these Paverpol figures up in my garden. They have been sitting indoors in a corner for more than a year now. I didn't put them out because I found out that I had not soaked the cloth well in Paverpol so white patches kept appearing at places. I have now painted them with acrylics and weatherproofed them and stuck them on that ballard. Lets hope they will survive the winters. I want to actually put them a bit further into the foliage so that the green foliage will cover the concrete ballard eventually. You see the almost empty patch at the back of the figures. We had a big bush which I thought was a Lilac. I kept waiting for it to flower every year but that never happened. I found out recently that it was a wild variety of Lilac which basically doesn't flower much and keeps putting out suckers. So we took it out last week. Only after it came out I realised how much of space it was occuping. Now I have planted some rhododendrons and Azealeas and a Japanese acer there.