Saturday, June 13, 2009
I have finished this painting. Couldn't get it uploaded yesterday as too many things were going wrong. Firstly my camera was not working properly then the computer got invaded with viruses ,thankfully a friend who looks after our computer was able to sort it out last night. Anyway here it is. I tried to follow the book as much as possible but I did not have any of the distress inks or the paints that the author has used but I used other stuff instead. I used a lot of metallic rubs where ever she has used ink pads. The paint colours are slightly different as well but I think that is what art is about. To use what you have to create art and this turned out ok I think. I also did not use the method of making the heart as in the book as I thought it was easier and quicker to use paperclay to make the heart or I guess any other airdrying clay would do even though I did have the plaster. Then I had to add those dry flowers to cover up some mistakes which looks ok but in the picture it doesn't seem that nice.