QUOTE

"I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way-things I had no words for." ~ Georgia O'Keeffe


Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Picked up the brush today





I seem to always like the light and dark contrasts so when I looked out of my guest room window the other day I thought the roses looked absolutely beautiful looking from inside. Somehow the colours looked so striking. I don't think they would have looked so striking from the other side so decided to see if I could actually put them on paper with my limited skills of water colour painting. It was a challenge because painting roses is not easy and especially this pink rose with so many petals was a great challenge. Anyway I just wanted to see if I could get that looking from inside out into bright sunlight feeling in this painting. Don't think I archived it though:-)

7 comments:

  1. its a challenging picture to try, i think you did a good job with it :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I certainly think you achieved it - nice job!! I love the view from the window.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your painting is beautiful. I would not have the first clue where to begin painting a rose, I would be more likely to grab a camera. Mind you taking a picture from inside out into the sunshine is not easy either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shashi, I am kokila from http://sunshineandblueclouds.blogspot.in/

    Liked your blog and its title!To make a painting with roses !! commendable and lovely..am joining :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for your kind comments I am very rusty with my brush but hope can improve a bit more with practice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Shashi,
    Hope you are doing well. I have missed you! :(
    Sorry I have been absent from your blog but Google was giving me problems. I couldn't post or upload photos for 7 months. :(
    Then in June had to have colon surgery so now I am on the mend! Doing better thank goodness!
    Thanks to my daughter's help, I am back blogging! Yay
    Love your watercolor. What a beautiful view out of that window.
    Please visit my blog when you can. I have uploaded three Geisha Tags and would love you to leave a comment.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Que bonita pintura,que desfrutes do verao minha doce amiga.beijos.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and for your support. Your comments are much appreciated.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...