QUOTE

"I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way-things I had no words for." ~ Georgia O'Keeffe


Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Snip snip snip

This is how the final embroidery looks. I did it all without a pattern as you will notice every thing is not symertrical. Went a bit crazy and did it on the top of the skirt too forgetting that a lot of it will be hidden by embellishments.

I am not too pleased with the underskirt skirt. I thought it looked awful. 
So panic stations! What shall I do change the whole thing? Use a different fabric? Oh my goodness have to dye the whole lot again! Cupboards open in a mad dash to find the right fabric!

Oh no don't have enough fabric can't find something suitable this one won't do. Do I have to order more? It will take ages to come!


So finally I went snip snip snip so now it looks a bit better but I still don't like it too much but I cannot change it now it's too late for that .

She is looking completely different to the way I wanted sigh!

10 comments:

  1. that is very pretty :D could always make the next one closer to what was the image in your head :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes must do it but it won't be this method I think it will be a cloth doll.:-)

      Delete
  2. ~there look at that ~ your embroidery is beautiful. I’m looking forward to seeing the final outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to make some changes to the outfit hope it will look better

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job on the embroidery. I'm sorry it's not gone to plan as in your head - I know that one only too well! I hope you manage to make the changes you want to.
    Dolls are such tricksy little creatures - they want what they want and never mind what you planned for them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Jules I have to bow down to her:-)

      Delete
  5. you might not have planned it but I think it is gorgeous! Nice job. Looking forward to seeing it all done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You inspired me! I've just made dressing up cloaks for my two granddaughters – I can’t possibly show them to you because they are rustic (to say the least), but it’s my first piece of sewing in years and years. I couldn't remember how to do daisy stitch had to find a tutorial on Google and even then I made a mess of it. Happy Sunday, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how lovely! Rustic is all in fashion now a days. I was trying to create rustic for my doll but it turned out different. I have been so busy with visitors that have not found time to complete it yet.
    I am sure your cloaks are wonderful and your granddaughters will love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and for your support. Your comments are much appreciated.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...